7 minute workout for busy moms
September 6, 2016
I feel inspired to write a blog post today as I discovered yesterday that I have more readers than I imagine (in reality, I thought it was only my hubby who reads by blog posts..haha) Special thanks to you guys! Whoever you are! Hopefully, you can leave a comment below. You inspire me to write more =)
Enough of that and let's get back to business.
Today's blog is for working moms like me who strive to have time to exercise. Nothing feels better than being confident from within. Just a brief background about myself, I used to be a skinny girl. My aunt would always remind me of the story when she first saw me bathe by my mom. I was brought up in Japan and was only able to visit for the first time in the Philippines when I was 4 years old. My relatives in the Philippines are expecting to see a cute chubby red-cheeked young girl from Japan was really disappointed and questioned my mom what had she been feeding me all the while. Apparently, I looked like a thin-lizard. An exact opposite of what they have in mind. (Note that I was born in the 1980's, photographs are just about to boom). Anyways, my point is, I never had weight issues (so to say), I've always been a safe 50-55kg young lady. With a height of 5'5 1/2", my BMI have always been normal.
With this, it's no wonder my self-confidence was really affected how I see myself after I've given birth to my eldest. I gained too much....too much that I reached whopping 79kg! Added to this horror was that I have small feet. Not too small, but small for my frame. I'm a 6-6.5 only which cause my feet to hurt whenever I walk due to the weight that my feet cannot carry.
After giving birth and waiting for 3 months as what they say is the safest time to get back to exercising, I was determined to loose all the weight. I managed to slim a bit to 68kg, only to find out that I was pregnant again.DANG! And there goes gaining weight again. This time, I made sure to watch what I'm eating or else I would have reached 100kg before giving birth.
Fast-forward...I had sum up all the self-motivation I can have and managed to do Taebo 4 times a week (Youtube: just type taebo by billy blanks) for 3 months after my 2nd daughter was born. I am really proud to say that I'm a 60kg mom of 2 now. But that doesn't stop there, my goal is to get back to 55kg or if not, just get back that flat tummy that I used to have. Having carried 2 lovely babies also meant having a lot of that soggy fat and skin combined. In short, an eyesore to my hubby even when the lights are off! hehe..
Since I'm a working mom, having time for myself is indeed a challenge. Not only do I only get to spend too little time with our kids, I also felt self-deprived with regards to my own well-being. That's why finding this 7-minute workout is a blessing! It can it fit my very tight schedule but also the types of exercise can be done in our room, not to mention, my kids are also starting to love it! Game on!
Every night, 30 minutes to an hour after eating dinner, my two daughters and I do this 7- minute workout. They especially love the "Drill Sergeant" instructor because of his whistle and tough counting. This activity became a special bonding for us but it has been my way to make them aware of the importance of fitness. The exercise itself if really basic such as jumping jacks, crunches, and lunges. The basic that you do during your P.E. class at school to give your heart a kick.
My daughters love the jumping jacks, though they actually just loves jumping in general. They also like the push-ups and plank because they get to crawl under my arm and pretend that they are going through a tunnel. I was in awe last night when my eldest told me to do the lunges and even demonstrated to me how was it done even before the instructor could start counting.
Part of my goal is to shed soggy belly, and perhaps, have some abs????hahaha..that's pretty much "wishful thinking" haha. But why not, I might not have it when I was younger, but at 30 with 2 kids, what could stop me now??only my stubbornness. hehe.
So, let's see how I do by the end of December. I'm challenging you, my reader's as well. Leave a comment below on how you find the 7-minute workout.
Work that couch-potato butt off!
J
Disclaimer: I wasn't paid nor given anything to advertise in this post. Everything written above came from my brain and personal experience.
I feel inspired to write a blog post today as I discovered yesterday that I have more readers than I imagine (in reality, I thought it was only my hubby who reads by blog posts..haha) Special thanks to you guys! Whoever you are! Hopefully, you can leave a comment below. You inspire me to write more =)
Enough of that and let's get back to business.
Today's blog is for working moms like me who strive to have time to exercise. Nothing feels better than being confident from within. Just a brief background about myself, I used to be a skinny girl. My aunt would always remind me of the story when she first saw me bathe by my mom. I was brought up in Japan and was only able to visit for the first time in the Philippines when I was 4 years old. My relatives in the Philippines are expecting to see a cute chubby red-cheeked young girl from Japan was really disappointed and questioned my mom what had she been feeding me all the while. Apparently, I looked like a thin-lizard. An exact opposite of what they have in mind. (Note that I was born in the 1980's, photographs are just about to boom). Anyways, my point is, I never had weight issues (so to say), I've always been a safe 50-55kg young lady. With a height of 5'5 1/2", my BMI have always been normal.
With this, it's no wonder my self-confidence was really affected how I see myself after I've given birth to my eldest. I gained too much....too much that I reached whopping 79kg! Added to this horror was that I have small feet. Not too small, but small for my frame. I'm a 6-6.5 only which cause my feet to hurt whenever I walk due to the weight that my feet cannot carry.
*photo from google search
After giving birth and waiting for 3 months as what they say is the safest time to get back to exercising, I was determined to loose all the weight. I managed to slim a bit to 68kg, only to find out that I was pregnant again.DANG! And there goes gaining weight again. This time, I made sure to watch what I'm eating or else I would have reached 100kg before giving birth.
*photo from google search
Fast-forward...I had sum up all the self-motivation I can have and managed to do Taebo 4 times a week (Youtube: just type taebo by billy blanks) for 3 months after my 2nd daughter was born. I am really proud to say that I'm a 60kg mom of 2 now. But that doesn't stop there, my goal is to get back to 55kg or if not, just get back that flat tummy that I used to have. Having carried 2 lovely babies also meant having a lot of that soggy fat and skin combined. In short, an eyesore to my hubby even when the lights are off! hehe..
Since I'm a working mom, having time for myself is indeed a challenge. Not only do I only get to spend too little time with our kids, I also felt self-deprived with regards to my own well-being. That's why finding this 7-minute workout is a blessing! It can it fit my very tight schedule but also the types of exercise can be done in our room, not to mention, my kids are also starting to love it! Game on!
*photo from google search
Every night, 30 minutes to an hour after eating dinner, my two daughters and I do this 7- minute workout. They especially love the "Drill Sergeant" instructor because of his whistle and tough counting. This activity became a special bonding for us but it has been my way to make them aware of the importance of fitness. The exercise itself if really basic such as jumping jacks, crunches, and lunges. The basic that you do during your P.E. class at school to give your heart a kick.
My daughters love the jumping jacks, though they actually just loves jumping in general. They also like the push-ups and plank because they get to crawl under my arm and pretend that they are going through a tunnel. I was in awe last night when my eldest told me to do the lunges and even demonstrated to me how was it done even before the instructor could start counting.
Part of my goal is to shed soggy belly, and perhaps, have some abs????hahaha..that's pretty much "wishful thinking" haha. But why not, I might not have it when I was younger, but at 30 with 2 kids, what could stop me now??only my stubbornness. hehe.
So, let's see how I do by the end of December. I'm challenging you, my reader's as well. Leave a comment below on how you find the 7-minute workout.
Work that couch-potato butt off!
J
Disclaimer: I wasn't paid nor given anything to advertise in this post. Everything written above came from my brain and personal experience.
Comments
Post a Comment