Random things to be thankful

September 13, 2016

And so I'm back from a 3-day vacay! I'm supposed to do a picture blog today with random photos of how we spent out weekend but thought my brain and body is still on holiday mode, hence, the reason why I'll just be sharing today a short random thought. hehe

I've always been optimistic about life and try to find the good in everything, hey! you still get to wake up and spend another day in this world, so why not just be thankful for what you have??! I know this doesn't apply to everyone, even to myself in some circumstances, but for today, I am thankful.

Here are the random things I'm thankful for today:

1) Abundant food in the office. =D

You can tell that I love snacking around all day. Who doesn't?? This morning, I have in my desk 2 sandwiches (our usual breakfast), 2 donuts(leftover from yesterday's donut craving session), 3 kinds of bread snacks given by my officemate who just came back from Cebu. I know it doesn't sound as appealing to some but people who work in an office would understand that afternoon's with wherein you suddenly felt hungry is really frustrating and wants you to run back home to eat.haha. Or maybe it's just me? hmmmm..

2) Our new housemate just confirmed!

For those living in Singapore, flat-sharing is a common thing, especially for Filipinos. I'm not too sure for other nationalities, though. hehe...It's our way of saving housing expenses. And also a way to meet new friends? or 2nd-family if you may say. It's a big thing as not being able to find a housemate to fill-in a room that would soon be vacated would mean that the ones left would have to shoulder the cost of the vacant room. Errr..we didn't come to Singapore to give away our hard earned $$$.

3) I just came back from a 3-day relaxing weekend.

I got to spend an afternoon swimming with the kiddos. Thank God, we get to use that swimming pool again!haha. The Hubbs and I also got to watch 2 zombie movies ( Train to Busan - really just for the sake of seeing for ourselves what the hype is it all about and World War Z - because my sister told me prior to watching TTB that it's some kind of a copycat. haha...which I realized as well) and a series (Z Nation - another copycat *in my opinion,* of The Walking Dead.ugh! Can't they think of a newer idea or concept???). Until now I'm not sure why I'm getting hooked with this Zombie thing. I generally hate scary/horror movies and would settle with love stories instead. I guess this is what you get when you've found your partner to cuddle with..hehe..enough cheesiness.

So that's a wrap!
J

***Update: I finished writing the blog when my hubby sent me the narration of the movie "Train to Busan". You got that right! We also have to watch that movie in Korean language..hahaha..and yeah, the Hubbs just downloaded the movie online. We don't really go to movie houses to watch. First is to save $$$, second is because we can't bring our kids to movie houses with us. hehe..I know the 2nd reason is too lame.hehe. Anyways, if you're like us who watched the movie in Korean and would like to read the subtitle the next day, or after you've watched the movie or too scared to watch it but would like to know what the movie is all about, click here for the link: Spoiler alert:  Train to Busan. This is where reading and imagination connects! =)

Comments