Simbang Gabi Singapore 2016

December 7, 2016

It's the time of the year again folks!

I might be MIA for quite a while but I jsut couldn't miss posting this article as I know it would be helpful to a lot as I have been struggling to find one as well. I'm talking about the Simbang Gabi Schedule of course!

Here in Singapore, Filipino's are lucky to still be able to celebrate Simbang Gabi. Personally, it was only when I lived here that I was able to complete Simbang Gabi. Maybe it's a part of me missing what my home country and just try to relive the Christmas vibe, spiritually. So let me share to you a bit of our experience for the past years.

In the last 4 years, we would try to follow Father Angel Luciano, most known for his "Magic Arroz caldo".
Taken Dec 15, 2012 at Church of Saint Anthony

Every December, from 15th to 24th, we would plan how would we be able to arrive at the church at least an hour from our office. At times, this means asking our managers to let us out at least 30 minutes before our usual end of office hours just to have more lead time among other churchgoers.
Each year became more challenging than the former. We just got married that year and started asking for a child to complete our family.
Hubby and I enjoying our Magic Arrozcaldo-December 2012 

By December 2013, our wish has already been granted and I was about 7 months pregnant. All the late night walking, human jam and weariness didn't stop us from our yearly devotion. After every mass, the free Magic arrozcaldo or sandwiches given is more than enough to give us strength for the next day ahead.


Very preggy me and hubby enjoying our Magic Arrozcaldo - December 2013


December 2014 proved to more challenging as we have in tow our first daughter and am again pregnant for our 2nd daughter. We've been very cautious in planning this year as we need to make sure to have seats during the mass and make sure our daughter is well occupied during the mass.
Our mini family with Father Angel - December 2014

As they say, the more, the merrier. Last December 2015, our 9 nights was mixed with spiritual blessings, sacrifices, toilet breaks during Mass Homily, and tantrums of our little bunnies. But this didn't stop us from going, but even pushed us more to complete it as a family.


As you can see, we through the years, for us, Simbang Gabi had evovled from the usual Spiritual Devotion but somewhat a festive that we are always looking forward when the "BER" month starts.
We actually start to look for the yearly Church Schedule to see and plan how to make things work for us, now especially that we have 2 active toddlers. It was only then that we've discovered that Father Angel Luciano have already gone back to the Philippines. Personally, I was really shocked and quite saddenned by this news. For those who haven't read his farewell message, you can read it from here: http://www.ofwpinoystar.com/message-father-angel-salamat-singapore/.

For those still in search for Simbang Gabi 2016 Schedule, I hope you find this helpful, as I've been in search all over the internet as well.


Hoping everyone a Blessed Christmas. May we always remember not only to celebrate gift giving but more of giving thanks to the one who is the real reason for Christmas, the birth of our Lord, Jesus Christ.

And probably you could also share your Simbang Gabi story with me=) Please feel free to write in the comments section, I'd be happy to read it.

Happy Holidays everyone,
J

Comments